Tuesday, October 14, 2008

News: GP the Candy

I was in the drugstore on my lunch break today, looking for those Halloween candy pumpkins I adore, when lo and behold:

Gummy Popcorn Candy

Gummy Popcorn candy!! I knew it was a matter of time before someone stole my idea (despite the spelling difference)! Naturally, I had to pick up a box to check out the situation. I was unhappy to discover that, while the box is kinda neat, and the idea is fantastic, the execution is disgusting. The "Gummy" candies are sort of marshmallowey, like the white part of those gummy frogs (or strawberries or sharks). They're coated in sugar/sour granules. However, they don't have any identifiable flavor. They don't really taste like popcorn, or any kind of fruit. They sort of taste like something you'd find under the sink, but sour. Eww. Regardless, winners of The Gummi Awards might find a box of these in their prize pack.

No comments: