Friday, December 29, 2006

Chchchch an ges!! (ala David Bowie)

I have decided that I don't like the current format of my reviews. I sat here and tried to think about what sets this blog apart from other movie review sites. I came up with A: it's a blog and B: it's me! But, that's not going to be good enough to make this puppy take off. Sure, I could add more reviews, but that's going to take time and it will grow eventually.

Initialy, I thought that by dividing each review by category (i.e. plot, action, visual, etc.) would give me a skeleton to work from; a structure to build around and keep my thoughts in order. Now, I think that the very frame I set out to use as a tool is confining and I don't often have much to say about a certain category. It's making the whole post dull and sluggish.

So, I'm going to try a freeform method and add a little bit more of a personal touch to my reviews. After all, I'm not Ebert or Greg Moody here. I don't need a clinical dissection of each movie and I'm not a scholor who's qualified to make judgements as to technique etc.

I will still enter a score and I'll try my best not to have spoilers. I think this new method of reviewing will leave me more freedom to really express how I felt about the movies.

So, hang on for a makeover!

No comments: